Friday, April 20, 2012

Twelve Weeks

Here is Porter at 12 weeks. Still cutest baby boy we know. His hair keeps getting more red each week and his eyes are still blue/grey. I don't know how I feel about having such a handsome son. :)

Our Friday photo session after dropping Reesa off at school. This ball is Porter's favorite toy currently hands down. Once he starts to get bored with it he begins yelling more...too cute.




This week we went on our first roadtrip as a family of four. We went down to Eugene and spent the day with the Ubel ladies while Pk worked a Grad Fair at UofO. Reesa now wants a trampoline, dress up shoes and pink handsoap.

There was non-stop running, loud talking, singing, and of course...tons of hugging. I love that our girls are at the age of playing with each other so that the parents can sit down and have dinner peacefully. Well, at least for 30 minutes ;)

Recently I have been reading a blog called 100 Days of Real Food. I've been wanting to make our own wheat bread at home instead of buying it because it's so much better for you. I love the taste of Honey Wheat and I found a recipe on her blog and then started reading more of her posts. Her family follows a very strict no preservatives, no sugar, and little meat lifestyle. I don't see us doing that and we do cook most of our meals from scratch and our snacks are pretty healthy but we can always do better. I won't give up our Saturday bacon from New Seasons Deli. It's too good.

I spent the last year looking for natural face wash, lotions, and make-up. So if I am careful of what I put on the outside of my skin, why wouldn't I be concerned with what I'm putting inside my body? Now, I'm not planning to go crazy and become a full fledged follower of Michael Pollen but I decided we can pick three things to work on this year and see how we do with that.

1) Make our own Wheat bread. 
2) Only buy one yogurt container with no sweeteners. Patrick & Reesa already do. This is for me :)
3) Bake only with natural sweeteners. Agave, Mayple Syrup, or Honey.

Here's a little message from Portman

That's been our week!!

No comments: