Sunday, September 9, 2012

Where did August go?

During the month of August I'm pretty sure I had no idea what day of the week it was or the date. August flew by and I have no idea what filled it. We did a lot of moseying....is that a word? We left the house when we were all dressed with no frantic rush, we tried not to make plans and see where the wind took us, and I'm so proud of our little family for enjoying another month before the start up of all our Fall activities take place.

September means Reesa has new kids in her class, our small group starts up again, we re-enter our playgroup, mom's connection, etc. Filled weeks; fun activities but filled. We really needed a low key summer to get us all ramped up for the start of Fall.

Porter went for his 6 month checkup. He's such a stud. 50% in height and 5% in weight. Here I thought I might have a little butterball. Guess not. He's such a cuddle bug. If I left him in the Ergo all day you would never hear a complaint. He loves to cuddle!! 

And now he's crawling!! A week after he turned 7 months he started moving using his little toes. Porter is not a traditional crawler; he has more of a one arm and push with my toes crawl. He's deceptively fast!! We've already spilled coffee twice, lost mac&cheese twice, and this morning he booked it across the floor to watch a video with Reesa. 


His smiles melt us!


Porter loves to watch his sister. He could watch her all day. As long as he doesn't touch her toys!!


Porter had his first trim at 6 months. It was too much hair!! And he's almost in need of another trim already. I guess his brownish/reddish locks long to be lengthy.


Miss Reesa continues to sprout like a weed. Her questions and observations continue to surprise us and make us laugh. The other night before bed she noticed my eyes were red. I told her it was because I was tired. She asked if when I sleep it goes away. I said yes. She then asked if the red gets on my pillow? :)


Reesa loves pink. Especially pink tulle skirts. This one is her favorite. Her cool Auntie Kristin bought it for her.

Reesa loves to hold Isaiah's hand. Isaiah loves to give hugs. They watched their first Multnomah Days Parade together.

Lots of park playing. Reesa and I are driving back & forth between Grandma's house and Grandma Jenny's house.


One last berry picking trip. We managed to get a few marionberries.


Last week we tried to squeeze in as many outdoor activities as we could before the sun goes south for the winter. Hopefully we can make one more trip to Jamison Square before the Fall completely sets in.




Of course videos....

Reesa and Porter playing on the seesaw.

The kids playing on Reesa's bed. She is such a crack up.

Did I mention that we are going to have a niece!!! Well, I'm hoping for a niece but Isaiah may want a baby brother. We're not sure but we do now that in March Isaiah is going to have a baby sibling and I'm so excited for him. :)

No comments: