Friday, June 15, 2012

Too Much in June

I feel like this month so much has happened and we are only half way through the month!!

Patrick went to Chicago and I experienced my first time with two kids from sun up to sun down for four days. I was surprised at how well I managed but I wasn't surprised at how tired I was each night :) Lots of family hangout time sure made the days go fast.

Patrick on a run in Chicago.

Shortly after Patrick got back we packed up and headed down to Fresno for my sister's wedding. We were amazed at how well our kiddos handled an overnight car ride. We were even more crazy and decided to head home during the day so that we could stay in Fresno longer. Again, we were surprised by our kids. It's like they didn't care what we did as long as we were all together :)

Reesa really loved pushing her baby in the church halls. They funny part is that she wanted to take her baby and stroller everywhere but would carry it from the car to inside. Why? So that it wouldn't get dirty. Duh!

An attempt at a family photo.

Maybe if we switch kids. Nope. This is as good as it gets folks!

Us siblings with the new guy I like to call Uncle Cam Cam :)

Reesa and I don't have too many "just us" photos. I love when she will cuddle with me. 

The Portman in his church clothes.

He was definitely a hit at the reception. The photographer had a blast photographing him and everyone loved holding him. I'm not sure I saw him at the reception until it was time to go home and this is how I found him with Great Grandma. He's his Father's son. Oh boy!!

Now that we are back we are trying to catch up. So much laundry. So many dishes. Still bags to unpack. And yet we are headed out again for Sunriver next weekend. Why unpack when you are just going to pack again. I never thought I would say that but after two kids I'm surprised I make it to the grocery store and it's less than a mile from our house.

A few other photos.....

Reesa playing in the backyard. I can't believe this girl is over 2.5 years old.

Porter chewing on Reesa's pink necklace. She didn't like that very much.

His hair is too much sometimes.

He's so easy to please. Just smile at him and he lights up.

Yes he's wearing snowman pajamas in June.

Sibling love. It never gets old and I love watching them together. My favorite is when we are all piled in our rocking chair reading books. I can do that all day.
  
The Portman sporting his sun hat at the park.

Cute daddy/daughter photo

The latest and greatest....Daddy/Grandpa picnic at Reesa's school to celebrate Father's Day. We snuck in at the end to snag a few photos.


 And so our adventure continues...never a dull moment here!



1 comment:

The Sarge Fam said...

Yay! Found your blog! Looks like you are as snap-happy as I am with ours! Hope to hang soon, Mandy