Friday, June 29, 2012

Sunriver Weekend

Last weekend we packed our bags and headed to Sunriver. For Christmas Patrick wanted to run in a half marathon. He's been too busy to train for a marathon (actually too busy to train for a half marathon) but knew he wouldn't completely die if he ran a half. The race happen to be the same weekend a few friends were heading to Sunriver and invited us along. It was crazy busy in the Village but our kiddos had so much fun people watching.

Here's Patrick's big finish!! What a stride :)

David, Geoff, and PK

Post race pic in front of Hot Lava. We got donuts for breakfast the next morning. They bake them so they are not really donuts but good enough.


Marlo, Melissa and I with our cheering kids. Parker and Reesa were excited to get Jamba after the race. Have I introduced Marlo? She is David's fiance!! As of two weeks ago. I get all teared up when I actually think about David getting married. He's like my brother and I couldn't be more excited for him. The kids and I went ring shopping with David. Can you picture that? I was so honored and I absolutely love Marlo. She's so easy going and Reesa loves hanging with David and Marlo.


Our family photo. This just doesn't get any easier for us.

She has entered the "why?" phase. She legitimately wants  to know why things are a certain way. At the end of the day my head hurts from trying to explain life in the most simplest fashion. But she's still so cute. At the beginning of June we decided to get rid of the night time diaper. She had been dry for two weeks and she decided she was ready. She's not ready to give Porter her pink night time diapers because they are hers :)

Porter's five month photo. I can't believe my son is 5 months!! He reached for everything and wants to eat food. He's had his first carrot. It was a mini and he gnawed on it for 30 minutes. We bought him the full length ones so he can hold it himself. This guy also loves to roll and if you leave him on the floor he ends up clear across the room in a few minutes. 




Today I turn 31. Patrick took the kids this morning and dropped Reesa at school. I had a whole 15 minutes to myself to get dressed. I know it doesn't sound like a lot but I can do so much by myself in 15 minutes!! He went to work late and took me out for French Press and breakfast. Then I got to hang with my nephew and Alison while we browsed some garage sales. I haven't been to one in a year and I think it was with Alison :) Later we'll pick up Patrick and grab dinner and just hang. That's what I like to do. It's so simple but I feel the most filled when I just hang with my family. 

Tomorrow just the adults are going to Jimmy Maks and I get to have a glass of wine and listen to Jazz. Hopefully a run or bike ride too.

I leave you with a couple videos of our kiddos.
 Porter is on the grass at a water park.

Reesa is playing her favorite game we like to call "directions"!

No comments: