Saturday, October 27, 2012

Our First Field Trip!!

On Thursday Reesa and I went on our first class field trip to the Pumpkin Patch. I was so excited to spend some quality time with my daughter!! I didn't take into account that we would be joining 85 other people and that I would be responsible for one of Reesa's classmates and that 8 other schools would be there. WOW!! Being a volunteer on a field trip is crazy fun and tiring.

Reesa and I loved riding on a big yellow bus!!

It was really muddy but we managed to avoid the big puddles. A few others may have fallen in :)

As I mentioned above, I was assigned another child. It was so interesting watching a 3 year old boy for an entire morning. He held my hand but would let go to jump in the biggest puddle he could find and then would run back to hold my hand. A little preview of what is to come with Porterman. I also had the experience of trying to assist a 3 year old boy in a port-a-potty. What happens when they aren't tall enough to reach the potty? You try to use your knee to lift them up? They rub their hands all over the seat and then tell you they don't have to go? I'm glad there were hand wipes after our failed attempt. And I'm really glad that Reesa didn't have to use a potty while we were out.

Our bus ride home was filled with tears, yawns, and singing. The little boy I had was passed out in the seat next to Aruna and had to be carried inside because he refused to wake up. Reesa was filled with overtired energy and couldn't wait to go home and see Grandma and Porter. Me? Exhausted. 

Porterman turned 9 months yesterday. This kid stands on anything that will support him. This morning he started pushing his play table across the room. I'm not ready and so ready to see him take his first steps. He is going to be a runner. A crash and burn runner.





No comments: